Wednesday, May 23, 2007

JUst another day.. right

Well.. since my day job isn't going as well.. I decided to help a co-worker with his projects.. He said he would pay me for the help.. So tonight I stayed to help him..

So on the way home I stopped off and got some fuel for my car... The last fitting came today.. Hoot! It was a lil tough to get the fitting out of the package so I used a razor blade ot open it.. That turned out to be a mistake cuz I now have a 3 inch slit on my left thumb.. I wrapped my thumb with a shop rag and continued to work installing the fitting.. I get the fitting on there OK..

So I add fuel to the tank for the first time and I have leaks.. I've managed to splash fuel on my new cut.. No big deal I thought.. So I go around fixing the leaks.. Well I look at the carb and there is fuel all around.. sheesh. I check the fuel pressure gauge and I have 12 psi of fuel pressure.. that's way too much. I change the adjustments some and turn on the fuel pump again.. Shoot, same thing only worse.. a quick glance at the pressure and it's at 6 psi..

So I quit for the day.. I pulled out all of the spark plugs and cranked over the engine to get the engine clear of fuel.. I went and washed my cut with dish washing soap.. that onlyt made it feel worse.. Sheshh

Well tomorrow is certainaly a new day!

Les
Mood 1>10 (9)

No comments: